Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

With Hope in my heart..
I was watching an episode of 'MTV Made', in which this really HUGE (not-so-goodlooking) guy wanted to be crowned Prom King in his final year at high school. Now thats a really wild-dream..considering that he was: fat (373 pounds), not handsome, walked with a wierd bent of the legs and black...But still...with the help of the crew he managed to shed a great amount of wieght, get a decent girl and was crowned Prom King.
A fairytale ending..ain't it? Most of us innately desire that for ourselves....landing a dream-job and finding our soul-mate.

But fortunately or unfortunately things don't always shape up the way we want them to...I have this friend (Jess..may've mentioned her before) and she is subject to really bad luck with the boys!! From the time she was 15, this not-so-bad looking girl has been looking high and dry for 'the guy'...hahaa..no she ain't desperate..just that Jess LOVES attention and what better than COOL DUDE arm candy??!! Just that a majority of the guys she has dated were either - not so good-looking or -empty headed-.....the guys Jess liked...were either - too shy - or -totally not into her-..I mean...the guy that she really liked was quite a cool dude. Just that he was seen with most girls save her :(..hahaha...and unfortunately..she had me for agony aunt...Now I'm not meant to dish advice on such stuff...coz I'm really not in tune with such stuff, I've some traits of a woman's rights activist and sometimes I tend to put stuff...a bit...unthinkingly...or should I say..bluntly...and thats just not for jilted lovers :P. So I may've poured Iodine over your wounds many a times pal..(sorry about that!)

But the whole point is...sometimes what we crave for and run after may not just be the thing for us...afterall...in all honesty we're not living a reel dream on Music Television, entertaining people who want that kinda entertainment..are we? So I've been telling my pal to stop running after 'the boy'. He'll come if and when he has to. I've told myself the same thing many a times when I've faced failure or been upset about stuff I've done or gone through. Sometimes its best to let go...let God. Honestly.

'Faith is the mover of mountains and hope its inspiration' ...thats the one profound truth behind the achievements in our life. You just need to look closer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home