Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Sweet Valentine
Ya well...its another..14th February..Valentine's Day...and goodness even the school staff room hasn't been spared by those ubiquitous, flaming red hearts!

I think these days are there just to get us out of the usual routine..and perhaps give people more reasons (or should I say days) to celebrate! But honestly..the more I grow as a person..the more these days become "stuff-in-the-passing"...even though I have some very sweet, even-till-now smile worthy and absolutely hilarious memories dating back to Mumbai....

Now Mumbai is the commercial capital of India and it knows how to make money...LOTS OF IT. Never missing the pulse on where the $$$ lie...it is fully aware of the financial charms of Valentines Day. Suddenly, the markets would come abuzz with those - red, RED hearts. Chocolate prices would soar and so would the price of ordinary roses..It was all very nice to see but for those dreamy-eyed couples who actually took the pains in celebrating it...well...

I heard many girls complaining about their boyfriends - "all he brings is a cheap bouquet of drying roses", "He can't even afford a decent box of chocolates", "He gave me a box of toffee's - I think I'm gonna break off"..ouch...So it all comes to the gifts and money..where the hell is the love..the sweet valentine...and boys..if you can't maintain yourself, don't have enough moolah..please don't squander what you have by having a high maintainance girlfriend whose only cares for the Tiffany heart! OKAY!...

Even though I laughed at the cheap-skate tales many girlfriends had to say about their "poor boyfriends" I don't think it made me feel very happy in retrospect...even the tales of ever-lasting love..."Oh my God..I finally got that Tiffany heart..he spent his entire allowance on it"
I mean..how happy can you get if somebody wastes off their allowance in bringing you that exhorbitantly priced piece of jewellry...sometimes even scrounging on themselves..It would really break my heart if that would happen to a beloved...

Sigmuend Frued, the father of Psychology, once said "Hopeless romantics are only hopeless in the eyes of those who don't believe in romance". Being an ex-psychology student, I am all ears to the words of Mr Frued..but I can't possibly swallow everything, every great one has to say. I'm not, not romantic...I love novels like Anna Karenina, Pride & Prejudice, Mill on the Floss..and they all have more than a tinge of romance...I like movies like that too...and even music..I'm a chocaholic (and its more than obvious on me)..and ya...all such things...but hopeless in romance.. thats what I'm not...and thats what I would never vouch for...Love's enduring promise is not in languishing yourself for it...but much rather is raising yourself with it...Not in making it an impediment...but much rather in making it a strength...period.

And so....with that I'll be signing off...don't worry about my Valentines Day..haha...I always have a valentine in my parents who would never get broke in buying me Tiffany's...chocolates, flowers..and I don't even have to worry about their love :P.. Thanks to their love..I'm where I am..and its a pretty neat place to be in...You look over the entire Orchard road..hahahaha..(I wouldn't want to sound immodest and comment on other stuff)

Tuddles...Happy Valentines Day and since I'll be away for holiday..Gongxi Fa Cai (as well)..to all my Chinese friends and Eva (coz she is German+Chindian)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home