Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Taking the home run
Growing up I've had a million different things that I've wanted from my life - from the reasonable to the absolutely ridiculous. A multitude of stars shining in my eyes and zillion different ambitions and it always has been...a win-some, lose-some situation.

It started off as a desire to become a princess (from one of those innumerable fairy tales), going on to a beauty queen (when I saw Miss World for the very first time), to a (believe it or not) Fashion designer (!!..gosh..probably I would have a brand catering to people who desire to make it on blackwell's!), a singer, to (in the later years) a doctor, a lawyer and finally a communications person when I landed up in NP Mass comm. As you can see I'm quite indecisive and prone to changing my mind - especially when it comes to big questions like 'what I want from my life?'

But watching this rather cute drama on Hallmark - Frankie and Hazel - made me realise something...what I want from life really...put aside all the other material things...is to be happy..genuinely happy..without a trace of pretence and the fear of loosing it..I wanna take that final home-run and land in the place and situation meant for me. I don't wanna keep going from place to place, searching for something undefined..in places unknown and people acquainted.

If only I could...but a million yesterdays and a zillion tommorrows shall go past before I reach that something...the places may be delectable or worth detest..the people sometimes good, sometimes bad and many-a-times ugly....but what I want and that which I'm looking for is that something undescribable yet thrilling when you get close to it - true happiness.

And so the search continues...as Robert Frost once put it:
'The woods are lovely, dark and deep..but I have miles to go and promises to keep'
Its time to say good-bye and forget all that descended upon me. Its time for redemption. Its time to move on..I can sense it...and for once I feel I may just want it....maybe..but will it bring me happiness? Only time can tell...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home