Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Of singed souls and damaged ego
One of the dangers, they say, of getting a heavy dose of anything is getting desensitised to it and I find it happens a lot these days. Most of us indulge in over-dosing..most of the time....

If a kid faces too much harassment, he/she gets acclimatised to it and it doesn't bother them too much. Same goes for bitching, violence, criticism....and hurt...Once you get hurt real bad...something breaks your heart...thats that...then you'll never again react like that to anything or anyone..ever again.

Perhaps, I can vouch for that....

I've this lil' bad habit of retrospecting about stuff when it passes and many-a-times I feel that I shouldn't have kept quiet and lived.. putting up with certain stuff. But I do. Its not that I'm too frail to voice out...its just that I just don't seem to care anymore. I got hurt real bad this once, very many years ago...and now most of these other things...seem small in comparison..all they can elicit is a few meaningless tears...in passing...and then they dissolve into nothing-ness and tears people....I should tell you (my loyal if not devout readers) are second nature to me. They are my way of reacting -immediately- to a very tense situation...and they trigger off my grey cells (honestly...I know this sounds whacky but its true).

What can I get...scorn, stabbed on the back, not having any friends, perhaps a tarnished reputation...ouch...now thats enough to kill someone...but..hear me out...nothing can ever kill you save yourself...its when pieces of your soul are singed that you feel the pain...and honestly...the things above may damage your ego but can never really singe your soul....for all of the above come from society which in all my experience is perhaps the most fleeting of all things in life. Here today - gone tommorrow. It comes from people who dislike and have no respect for you...and you're playing to the tune of such peeps if stuff they say and do singes your soul....so cry a lil', perhaps turn a bit red in the face...and really it'll end there...

W.O.W: Love your friends and family, even though they may sometimes do and say stuff that irkes you and forget about the others....period.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home