Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Sunday, October 22, 2006

A Thank You Note
I've a principle in life: to try and appreciate the finer things (books, art, good writing) and the goodness in people. Not that I religiously follow it. But still appreciating things and people who deserve it, is a trait I would absolutely love to develop in full strength. I still feel paiseh (shy) sometimes, telling some people just how NICE they are and how good they make me feel.

You know how, when you feel all grown up..you resist hugging and telling your mum that you absolutely LOVE her and can't imagine your life without ranting to her, or maybe telling your best friend that she is the epitome of super fantastic. My friend added, that its even harder for the guys....I agree. I know this guy who took like 2 years to tell 'the one for him' that he was in love with her and willing to give the commitment of a lifetime.

I find that sometimes, we become so immune to this sort of thing that even the simple thank you does not come out convincingly. Why? I ask you. My friend again added: who has time for manners? This is the forte of the aristocratic, well bred being. Sophistication, is out. You need to scream to be heard and go all bling bling. Just standing mutely, expecting polite niceness will bring you nowhere. Alas! she turned out to be quite right. But I still ain't giving up. How much ever you try convincing me to develop some shades of the bad girl, I will continue to be the good girl. Even if that brings me more harm than use, because I believe and trust in it.

Won't make it anymore long drawn. Just a little thank you to some people who make life more pleasureable for me:
-My family
-Nihi
-Tharu (will give you the KKHH CD soon)
-Shaheen (lecture day company rocks..hahaha)
-T204/09: you guys, Winnie, Fer, Eva, Yingmin, Eunice...all of you are GR8 people to be with=).
-To all those people who I have not named *space constraints* but appreciate anyways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home