Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Monday, October 02, 2006

Irritating encounters
Now, docile as I may appear and am..actually, there are some things that annoy me immensely.
Like today on the bus.

After having travelled in Mumbai's local buses, Singapore's STB buses seem a tad boring. BUT..today was an exception.

I was on the 171, going back home, when an extremely cacophonous group of girls from one of the many schools on the route got on. Man, were they loud and annoying. Usually I choose to ignore loud mouths..but this group was making SO much noise that I was dying to place a silencer in their mouths-destroying my peaceful frame of mind and the silent, appealing afternoon *grumbles*.

Thankfully they alighted in a while. But I guess, good god didn't want me to have a peaceful time. So he sent in this even more annoying couple and made them take JUST the seat in front of me. You know-the ones in which you're FACING the people..

The think the girl was Malay and the guy was Indian..in Sg style one of those Indian mama's (mama- Indian smart ass).

Such an ass, I dunno how the girl could even tolerate a PDA (Public display of affection) with him when I was squirming just LOOKING at him. I know, I know..patriotic Indian's will charge me as traitor. But really..this guy was one of those whom you just wanna slap...at the mere sight. REALLY.

Besides, I seriously believe that PDA looks cheap, and very degrading for the people involved. How can somebody be so cheaply obvious about the LURVE they have for each other?Its SICK. Atleast for me. And, I haven't even told you about the expressions of the old couple sitting behind me and the young mother with her little daughter sitting on the adjacent seat.

Ok..so once their X rated affair was over, I felt relieved. Was running out of other things and people to look at...! But guess what, right away they started commenting on other people. You know when the bus is close to town many people get on..including PYT's (Pretty young things) going to Far East Plaza I guess. I have to alight a bus stop before to get home.

I had a German IS teacher last year. She made this comment on Singaporeans- They like to look you up and make nasty comments. Why can't they just say something positive or leave you alone?

Nevertheless, here's what I heard- (the Mama): Look that girl there..so ugly one I tell you..see her dress..(the girlfriend): ya la..don't know how to dress one. Now,murdering English like that makes me wanna slap the hell out of people like that. Can't speak properly to save your life and then you wan't to comment on other people's dressing?

Now, I'm thinking like that when this guy decides to make another award winning statement: You ah..look so much nicer than most girl's on this bus and the stupid girl just wants to smile showing off her yellow teeth-ewww. I was just wanting to vanish from that contorted scenario.
I'm no grecian goddess, but seriously its more about addled brains and dreadful communication here.

Thankfully, my stop came and I had to alight. Wanted to press the bell, coz the bus doesn't stop on its own at my bus stop, so I got up and accidently stamped HARD on somebody's toes. Was feeling sorry for a moment but most elated that I made up for my wanting to scream vulgarities at the stupid people. Just for a finer detail- I was wearing my brand new, pointed shoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home