Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I, me, myself and my decisions
I'm thoroughly sick of people who make unceasing attempts at getting me to do certain things. Or those who constantly speak about having the 'in' life which I supposedly don't have. Listen up people, I have made my choice on what works and what doesn't work for me-so I don't have reason to listen to your crap. Unless ofcourse it has some meaning for me.

If you are happy wearing revealing clothes that show off your uhhmmm assets, cutting your hair in wierd styles and doning it in rainbow shades, wearing HIGH heels, clubbing, drinking, smoking, having a pesky boyfriend carry your BIG bags etc etc- doesn't mean I too would be happy doing all of those things.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong in all that, its your life and you are free to make your choices. If you wish to wear skimpy clothes, draw cheap stares and feature in wet dreams: ITS NOT MY PROBLEM. But I WOULD NEVER even venture into ANYTHING remotely close to that. period. And don't even bother telling me about it. Coz not only will I not follow your advice but I would perhaps even smirk at your desperation.

What I cease to understand about some people, is their seeming eagerness at doling out brainless advice to others. What annoys me even more is people who follow such advice. Why can't you have a mind of your own, be your own person and decide that something is such a piece of crap and would never work for you?!

I see people with fleshy tyres oozing out of literally everywhere- wearing the tightest clothes possible, girls dressing in clothes that make them appear rather cheap, people taking to alcohol, cigarettes and even drugs when all these things ever do to you is degrade your brain cells faster than ever and wreck havoc in other people's nostrils: all this because they're following gregarious fools who wish to share their worst with the world. Its all so contorted. Can't these people make out that this stuff ain't working. Or do they have the false impression that its oh-so-cool and nothing bad is gonna happen as a consequence.

I don't wish to interfere really, but am just appalled sometimes when people do stuff which is so obviously "not working". I understand fully that as individuals living in a more or less free society we are free to make our choices and perhaps even share them. But a bit of discretion is most important in both these decisions and we need to acknowledge and abide by that.

As individuals set upon the journey of life, our aim I feel is to become the best we can, come into OUR finest. This metamorphosis starts with making the right choices for ourselves as well as for others (sometimes).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home