Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Friday, October 20, 2006

Lessons of Life: part IV
Here, I'm back again with another rather influential lesson of my life- Being in touch with your softer, emotional side.

Life can get cruel, it can hurt you and break your kind heart into a zillion pieces. All the things you ever dreamt of can come crashing down in a milli second and then again you are thrown into the cold playing field called reality where people are selfish, aggression is glorified, money is ALL and emotions are circumsized and sidelined.

In this havoc I find that it becomes very easy for people to loose themselves. Languish in vices. Stash up piles of unexpressed anger. Lock up a flood of tears. Forget being emotional, soft, sensitive and giving human beings.

I've been through it. Really. Twenty years is a LONG time and I find that my life has been a very good and experiential teacher. More than any other, it has grilled in this lesson. So that I never forget that real peace lies in looking inside and connecting with your own emotions and thoughts rather than outside for ephemeral pleasures, no matter what my station be.

In suffering, as in happiness: maintain an emotional dimension. Cry, get angry, laugh aloud- do whatever, but get that feeling right. Don't fake. For when you fake it...you break it. Thats my mantra.

Find people who can get you in sync with your emotions. Do whatever you can to get in touch with your emotions. Life may not alter drastically, but you will and that more than suffices. period.

Good night and sweet dreams.=)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home