Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Monday, October 16, 2006

First Days
I have my mind clear about endings-they signal new beginings (on an optimistic note). But what about the new beginings, what do they signal? Past endings?

Farewells are hard...I always find tears in my eyes...even if I've been wanting the change. But I find that new beginings are harder. Perhaps, its a thing with me...I'm bad with change yet it keeps coming at me...sigh.

I'm a comfort zone person. I dislike stepping out of my comfort zone. But I find that life is always keen on pushing me out of it and first days are perhaps the most apparent manifestation of it.

Like today: getting out of my wonderfully cushy bed at 6 a.m to get ready for school is an absolutely loathsome situation after days of rest, relaxation and taking my own sweet time with stuff. Tommorrow, a new semester kicks off with an entire day of lectures. Gosh. Plus side stuff after school....NIGHTMARES IN MOTION. I'll have to survive....and I know I will but my mind some how keeps pre concieving anxiety.

Now...I really need to get out of this 'first day' sickness. Even though we have two bloody techie modules this semester I WILL SURVIVE. Dad keeps saying..give yourself positive feedback. Hope you take a cue from that...

So if you're on the threshold of something new, perhaps unexpected...keep your hopes high and don't deflate and feel anxious. Life, somebody once told me, should be taken one day at a time-with each day being treated as an unopened GIFT. Yup. I'll try doing that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home