Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Friday, September 29, 2006

Beauty in relationships
A good friend recently got into a relationship. Now the thing is before the relationship she was like me - not really into all those girly things like make up, clothes, shoes, accessories, dressing up, trips to the beauty parlour, bla, bla, bla. We used to have INTERESTING conversations aside from the usual spicy gossip.
But now that has suddenly changed. When I last met her, she had changed totally. Her looks were changed and sadly even our conversations. She could not leave her 'baby' for a second and our talk was mostly restricted to the spicy gossip...which I confess gets totally dreary after a while.
Even though she looked nice, what I could not tolerate was the fact that she had done ALL this just to keep HIM from straying!
Thats what MOST women do by the way. She is not the only one. This leaves me with the question- Why do they DO IT? Why do they change themselves for somebody else? I mean...if somebody likes you...shouldn't they like you just the way you are? Isn't this temporary, self circumsizing? A lie that won't last. Besides...if he just likes you for the way you look and nothing else...ladies..here's my two cents worth...LEAVE HIM NOW OR HE'LL LEAVE YOU LATER. You can't possibly look beautiful everytime and you cannot be the prettiest no matter what. So never have looks as the basis of the relationship.
I know that you're thinking- well if I don't look good he won't even be attracted to me in the first place. I'm not denying that...most guys and even girls for that matter get attracted to good looking people rather than people who are good but don't match up in the beauty dept. Its all in the eye. So I'm just saying....don't make THAT the be all and end all of your relationship. Otherwise you'll land up getting thoroughly BORED with each other...and thats dreadful.
Everyone wants to find their soulmate. But soulmates aren't EVER described as people who LOOK BEAUTIFUL, they are people who look and feel beautiful when together. An anonymous author offered the following description:
Soulmates are people who bring out the best in you. They are not perfect but are always perfect for you.
I hope my friend's reading this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home