Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Life as an intern or should we call it the intern-al life
The whole world, or so it seems, is obsessed about Jose Mourinho being sacked...but the way I see it...if you get on your boss's nerves you are playing with fire and there is always the chance of getting burnt...Mourinho had an excellent record..but they don't say for nothing that there is always the higher power. Ofcourse, I'm not talking about sucking up..because..in my eyes the easiest way to annoy is to suck up...but a bit of healthy PR can't be too damaging? yeah? what sayest thou??

Anyways..getting to this life update...to prevent people from thinking that: a. I'm dead, b. I've gone undercover or c. I've been abducted.... Lets pick the inexistant option d. I'm interning...that part of life where you experiment with being the Little Nemo...or even little-r than that fish...(excuse the grammar) in the sea. Ofcourse...the underwater is beautiful...because you get to see all those amazing underwater creatures, but it's also scary at the depths...and with no mama fish to stand by you..you are on your own and even if you don't know swimming...you have to learn...or as I understand..you will learn how to swim..eventually...

Doing away with the ambiguous analogy...lets just say being a journalist-in-training in a big establishment is a good learning experience with its own flavour. There are those small things that make you happy, the small feelings that upset you...the small things that lift you and the small doubts that dishearten you...it's a mish mash of emotions especially when you're just starting off and fresher than any freshmint! Although I've gotten my first byline...there is scope for tremendous improvement...A LOT...I feel so raw about my sense of newsworthiness, my ability to persuade, my writing and note-taking skills. But I guess everyone learns with time...and hopefully I'll do that...for now though gotta keep patience and pick up...slowly...

As I have on my desk at work...the Gerry Spence thought:
"I rather have a mind opened by wonder rather than one closed by belief"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home