Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Wierd moments in dealing with life
Was just sitting and stressing over my bloody website, when I thought of writing about some stuff very personal to me and worth sharing with my readers. If nothing else, you may just get a hearty laugh out of it.....

You know how, sometimes when wierd moments strike and you are so lost- you dunno what to do. Personally I always get these with people who have so many funny bones in their bloody body that you can't tell when they are joking and when they're serious. I SUCK at tolerating them because personally I'm staid and mean EXACTLY what I say most of the time. Only in writing do I like playing around with words......

I also SUCK at bearing with cheap flirts. "Smart cookies" (Ang, 2006, LT78) who are always on the PROWL..I mean its so damn disgusting. If a girl is fully grown up, stick to calling her by name and NOT BABY/BABE and for Pete's sake...some crappy, come-hither one-liners stink more than an over-used pair of socks that haven't been through the washing machine in ages. The worst is if it comes from a mouth that hasn't been through basics of English diction/grammar.

Actually it even goes with the girls, I have an issue with extremely provocative body language. Girl's who dress like they own ONLY under wear and no other bit of decent clothing. Its even worse when fat girl's dress like that. You should see Qiaolin's classic 'expression of disgust' at such people, "you see the sacks sticking out from everywhere." (Chang, 2006, in the NP library upon spotting a specimen)

Gay-ish guys with a big ass attitude are also a concern. Recently I came across one such 'f***er' when hunting for an interviewee. Bastard, I tell you. Asshole- all you do is set cartons in a bloody craft shop, even that seems to be breaking your backbone and you dare to show me attitude just because I wanted an interview. Gave him a piece of my mind. Even the ugliest woman in Singapore would be prettier than the..whatever.

The last category would have to be mannerless people who lack any semblance of sophistication. They talk loudly (not by NP lib. standards though), scream unnecessarily and are rude without reason. Horrible, thats it.

Qualities like selfishness, being self-absorbed etc are still OK....Human faults which we have to accept, I guess....

Oh....talking about wierdness, I must tell you the one time I got drunk. No! Not from Alcohol, but from Coke! Back in India, we used to have crib-togethers...I dislike the nightlife- at clubs and what nots...but I love a quiet evening out with friends. One such evening got a bit....loud....we were out camping and I was a bit ill...had a sleeping pill...and later dunno how...managed to polish off 1&1/2, 1.5 litre bottles of Coke! That was it....won't describe what followed- embarrassing to death. Just that, after the incident I stopped being a coke fan..

So yah...wierdness and embarrassment (which may result from it) are pretty much a part of life. But what matters is how you take it. Whether you keep sulking about it or move on. Moving on, is as always, the better alternative=)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home