Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Monday, October 30, 2006

Small mistakes, Minor issues
School has finally started: full throttle. Everyone has their first assignments going, in fact even a first ever graded class presentation. All indicating the start of another kick a** semester.

Now, as a ritual I always start each semester with a little resolution- about something I wish to fulfill as a person in the course of that sem. I find it makes me more focused and less distracted by ulterior stuff.

However, small mistakes and minor issues are a perpetual complaint for me. I sometimes think that it's quite a GIRLY thing...wondering about small, stupid, often the most incredibly, inconspicuous things.

Or maybe, it's just me. I think my emo-meter is fantastically sensitive. Thats why, things that don't even feature in other people's radar-often blink boldly on mine.

So this sem's resolution was to completely ignore the little demons. Not deconstructing the anatomy of verbal exchanges (I think I'll never get enough of applied psychology) or perhaps cursing myself on the 'little' errors that converted that A to a B+..*sigh*(I know I'm a geeky girl: no need to rub it in). Not thinking too seriously about the damn radio buttons or the god forsaken HTML coding....

Its crazy, how much importance we give to such SMALL stuff.

Some megha-esque person, once said that the small details make up the bigger picture. Hmm..I understand that fully...but sometimes looking too closely destroys the beauty of the panaroma. period.

Bottomline: I'll try ignoring the small Stuff and giving more value to the BIGGER things.
Small mistakes and minor issues are a part of life..and I have to just take them in my stride. No two ways about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home