Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

When you cry
My family always tells me that when I'm upset it reflects in my eyes. I admit, I'm pathetic at shrouding my emotions. This is especially the case when I'm down and feel like crying...hard. You can see the tears in my eyes. They will surely flow out.

When I was a kid, it was OK. Somehow babies and kids ALWAYS have the privilege of crying, having the world see their tears and pacify them. That goes off when you grow up.

You are suddendly supposed to be this strong and mature person. The first rule of being strong and mature is- Avoid crying and if thats impossible then avoid others from seeing your tears.
So at 20, I'm supposed to be like that...pronto. If you knew me since I was a kid..you would know that I always cry.

You know how people do funny stuff when they're trying to get out of a tight spot, a problem, an emotional crisis...For me..that funny stuff comprises crying. Just letting the tears flow in..irrespective of where I am. Guess I'll never qualify for that strong, mature spot.

But really, why do people think crying shows your weakness? You know...its SO HARD. You feel so lonely. Even among people. The pain is yours and only your heart and biologically your brain can feel its depth. That feeling is not easy.

Besides, whats wrong in it. Yes! you do feel lonely, but you are venting your sorrow without any destruction. Even scientific research, by the way, supports the statement that crying is actually good for your psychological balance.

So yes, I did, do and will cry. For me, crying is the first step to problem solving. My family still says that sometimes I cry too much. Guess they'll just have to keep saying that..coz in the spirit of One Tree Hill: "I don't wanna be anything other than me" and that comes with a good share of tears.

Loser...NAH...just another girl with over active tear glands...haha. My mother has finally resorted to accepting my way with problems and says that "its when she's crying, that I know she'll be fine"=P.
Nitez..keep trying..crying and trying again..hehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home