Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Friday, November 17, 2006

Not technorati
I guess most people who do know me, know that I'm not really 'in' with the techno stuff...definitely not a technorati.
You see, my routes are in a country where using stuff like the computer, MD players, video cameras etc is not really common place. No, I don't hail from a village in Timbaktoo..but really...I didn't even have basic knowledge about techno stuff before stepping into NP. Considering this pre-state...I must mention that I've learnt a GREAT deal since stepping here. Life lessons apart, I've got the hang of stuff like Thumbdrives, locking MD's, mini cassettes and achieved admirable competancy in MS word (smirks):). But yah...other than that you can call me a neophyte in most other stuff....
But taking this into account, I must mention that despite all this I've survived a first year of Graphic design, Web Design, Location Video Production, Radio and am currently into a second year of Web D and radio!
I can currently play around with software, make a basic brochure and yup, do up some crappy logos to save my soul. If that seems passe, currently I'm deep into designing a website that would put my logos to shame! (note, MY logos). There's some other stuff that I CAN DO...if it means saving my life, but yeah...otherwise I wouldn't attempt it.
Now, stressful as this stuff is- I just NEED to learn it. Not because it will save my GPA from crashing worse than the twin towers, but because I'm a firm believer in the notion of learning all that you can. Knowledge, they say is the essence of life and if it means acquiring new and useful skills- why not.
If you think thats a novel and noble approach- I must tell you- its the result of too much mind boggling stress and tension involved in doing my first ever graphic design assignment. I realised that instead of crying about it and procrastinating till the cows come home- I just have to dig deep and start...the rest will follow.
So is it- with my current project-a website I'm attempting to make. Have made a start...hmmm...with the grace of god I'll manage to complete it with a C or something.
Concluding- Technorati- not one bit, but yeah...a student alright.
Moral of the story: when the going gets tough the tough gets going- a good attitude can save the worst of situations....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home