Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Saturday, November 11, 2006

In the midst of LIFE!

Hey readers! This is blogger Meghaa reporting for duty after perfecting a news release assignment for school, reading about a certain Mcluhan and his global village, replying to my ever sweet editor Eva Nastassia (for magazine project) and well basically from the midst of life as a Ngee Ann mass communication student. I won't call myself a mass commer though- fail miserably at meeting the stereotype.

Life at Mass comm is literally MAD, where else can you do all the funny stuff and get grades for it! I know I'll never again sit in for a TV production, act in a movie production or for that matter follow a security guard..my god! I'm alive, doing this (whats-the-word) radio magazine project, thanks to two immensely nice people called Joachim Lai and Eunice Chan:)

Assignments trickle in like rain on a stormy day and you can never seem to get free in the few months of semester. Even though I've managed to get the 3.5+ distinction mark for 2 consecutive semesters and make it to the uhmm Dean's list...I feel that academic merit alone ain't enough. If I pass out with a merit diploma but no life changing experience or a feeling to share with my grandchildren ages down the road...I really haven't got much.

But I realised the best part about mass comm is- you can never get out of it without atleast one such extremely share-worthy experience for gregarious moments. Be it "the good, the bad or the ugly"(Sin Sing, 2006): you always have one....so yeah...might as well get on with it.

Now, with just 2 semesters-including this one, there's not much you can do except go with the stride. IAP/IBP- I guess IAP...but all thats for later...now its back to the...midst of life:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home