Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Mellow Meadows (pls excuse if you find it too abstract or morose- rainy season is not it for summer babies like moi)

I'm a Gemini, characterised by the typical Gemini mood drops and ofcourse the constantly activated grey cells. My mind is never at rest, and so it appears is my soul... that perpetually seeks the rare dose of intellectual stimulation.

So these days I find myself in the mercurial dips. Strangely, for no rhyme and reason, these words from the ever popular English drama- "One tree Hill" resonate in my mind: Solitude is a profound condition of the human heart, for man is the only creature who knows when he is alone (please excuse any discrepancy from the original).

As I lie awake upon my huge kingsize bed at night, staring at the gay lights outside my place, the ever present traffic and the pattering rain drops upon the window- I wonder what is it that causes me this torment.

I feel distanced from the people around me and wish closeness to the ones away: One whom I can never meet and one who is miles away. The only two people outside family whom I love more than myself.

I'm a thin skinned, emotional fool. These two things make a death-ly combo, such that my sensitive sentimentalist always needs balming, spiked by the cold barbs of dawning reality. Sorry Cordelia, much as I try- I think I'll never succeed in becoming the thick skinned person you advised me to be. Such a bane, I tell you...when try as you will, you can never quite "take it easy".

I do know that unless you "take it easy", you can never really succeed. Agreed. But well, I'm not ALL that ambitious. I'm comfortable in life- no hassles with money or grades or friends. Just that my mind is ever wandering.

I find myself in mellow meadows, which nature has beautified with all its bounty. There are lovely sights to see but not a single vibration, such that can meet the soul.
They talk to you but can never quite communicate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home