Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Sunday, September 03, 2006

What I choose to do with my life
There are days for work, days for play...and well days for NOTHING...you just sit by and see time fly past..feeling totally aimless..almost like in a drunken daze..NO I DON'T DRINK..period. But I do have my fair share of days marked by lethargy at its award winning best...Especially when I'm off from school (which when on, is equivalent to spending a whole day running on the treadmill..phew) and its on days like these that I come down to incubating and introspecting about stuff like: what I choose to do with my life.

Thats a complicated question, considering that I've changed my "what I want to be" motto nearly a 100 times in life...and believe me...it has practically covered every possible occupation. Right now I find myself doing a rather glam mass communication course..but seriously I do not know where this would take me.

No..I'm not unambitious or aimless. But the experience of 20 years has taught me that some things in life are better left unsaid...or rather left to time.

You must have heard the saying: Man the maker of his destiny. While I do believe in it, I also realize that destiny too has a sway in your life. Whether you accept my point or not, I believe it to be more fact than fiction.

Many people start off with something and end up with something totally different. I know many such people. For instance, I had this German teacher for a module named Community issues who actually had a degree in archaeology and wanted to pursue it! So well, call it being fatalistic or religious, but I buy the idea of Every man is born with his/her destiny.period. Where this thinking takes me: I don't stress too much about whats waiting for me in the future...anymore. I just try living more in my present. Doing well in whatever I endeavour today and taking everything as a learning experience, is the best I can do.

To conclude, please don't take this to mean that I discourage dreams or I wish to make myself a lazy slob who leaves things to fate, not doing a damn, just that I feel that there is a limit beyond which we should let time take its own course. If something is due to you..it will come. For as Paulo Coelho writes in THE ALCHEMIST:

when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.

Read: when you TRULY want something, and by TRULY I mean that its not just what you deserve but really, by some unknown pre determination, something thats the BEST for you.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home