Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Monday, August 14, 2006

Sometimes we just need to count our blessings
I have heard this line nearly a zillion times, counting from childhood...and really this ain't a hyperbole.
Now about following it, well...hmmm....I've tried my best. I don't usually take advice for granted, especially when it comes from people I respect. But let me just put it this way, while I'm happy...quite happy, about my life and don't have many regrets..I would say that maybe having too many comforts ain't for good. YOU STOP COUNTING YOUR BLESSINGS....or worse still YOU DON'T SEE THE BLESSINGS..
My life had a turning point which really got me following this advice seriously. Even today when I feel let down by moi grades, friends or by myself..*touch wood its rarely*..I do just the same...So now with the exams approaching, grades being distributed (I know many out there fretting over a horrendous ad analysis!)...just count the GOOD moments you've had over this semester and SMILE....
Will wrap up with a list of things..or better still, happenings that I consider blessings..
#1: Mistunderstandings that got resolved
#2: People who I can now consider good friends..
#3: A person I now consider a REALLY good friend: Shaheen, love you yah!
#4: My MM group:Fer, Winnie, Fiz and Cal...thanks a bunch people:)
#5: My MM grades...hopefully the same follows for the rest of the subjects..
#6: For all those who have 'complimented me behind my back'..(haha)..thanks a lot. I feel really happy about it..just a bit 'paiseh'(I'm trying to use singlish for shy) to actually thank you in person..haha
#7: For some teachers who were really swell...
#8: For my newswriting group that produced a really good newspaper and put my story on the cover page:)...that paper will remain with me forever..or lets just say..TILL TIME PERMITS...haha
#9: For my mom who is the BEST COOK in the world and thanks to whom I'm this plump, chubby, SINGLE girl..haha...nonetheless...
#10: For my dad, who can be most annoying at times but who has the best intellect in my knowledge and thanks to whom I stay in a FAB place near town...hahaha...
Will sign off...with that list...btw..its tentative...because new things come up every moment...
Love
Meghaa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home