Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Lessons of Life: part II
With the current regularity in my blogging I feel I'll become a writing addict soon. As it is I find myself doing too much writing already..what with the NP blog, this one and not to forget my student WRITER job...but practise makes perfect and now that I'm free I see no reason to fret.
So here's my second food for thought entry:
All glory comes from daring to begin.
My room is littered with bric bracs, many of which comprise thoughts like this one. Perhaps, seeing them on an almost regular basis has made me follow atleast some of them in person and I've started with this one right here.
I'm not at all a sporty person. My parents often address me as "baby jumbo" owing to the very obvious fact that I'm loaded with puppy fat that refuses to shed itself. Not that I'm trying really hard to make it go away. But these holidays I decided to implement this saying by giving a shot to swimming.
My condominium has a really cool pool and after much coaxing I finally began swimming lessons last Monday. Was scared to death. honestly. Even in the shallows I felt that I would DROWN..the nut that I am..
But after a while, when I learnt how to control my breathing under water and things became a bit better. My lesson ended, but now I know how to stay afloat and have even tried venturing into the pool myself..haha.
To make it short...this one attempt is making me quite smug..because I realize that indeed any success starts from trying...a journey of a thousand miles also begins with a single footstep. I've taken that and hopefully it'll yield rich dividends. Although I'm not wanting to count my chickens before they hatch, I should perhaps have lost a bit of wieght once school starts....and be good enough to carry off a skirt without looking like bumbling football on an uneven topography.
Cheers to the vision..=)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home