Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Friday, August 11, 2006

Mass Comm Magic
So now I shall begin posting my entries on MOI life in Ngee Ann (NP) mass communication a.k.a. Mass comm.
But before I begin in true spirit, let me introduce to any neophytes, my take on this course: Its really the best you can get in Singapore and this is a factual statement.
Two years back, when I came into Sg, new to its education system et al and the only thing I knew was that I wanted to do Mass comm, I researched, and this statement comes from the results of my research.
These days Singapore has a lot of Mass comm options in poly's like Temasek and SP but NP mass comm is the oldest and most comprehensive mass communication course in SINGAPORE.
Our Staff and facilities are among the best you can get and really if you have any semblance of DRIVE in you, you can learn here what you will not learn anywhere else..and PUHLEAZE I'm not being a sychphant, just doing a reality check.
Personally, the thing that really got me impressed was NP's Special admissions exercise. It was the only poly that tested people not on their skills in Maths and science, that you'll not really need in this line, but rather it tested people on writing and GK. This was followed by an interesting interview. Basically it gauged people on their potential in this field and not on their academic standards...Thats why I'm here. Not that I'm non academic...NO..definitely not, for all you know I've been doing rather well for exams...haha...but really these are Mass comm exams not Maths or science...
A 2005 issue of LIME magazine states that NP mass comm "is notoriously difficult to get into"...this keeps it open only to the best and hence many mass commers claim themselves as ELITE..hmm...I guess we can allow ourselves a bit of vanity...=P...Its also GLAMOUROUS..but thats just the way this line is...You may even find yourself in CELEB company!
So if you have THE life and find that GOSSIP is your mannah, Mass comm may just be your thing. But even if you're a simple person...with a passion in life, willingness to work hard, strive and have the creative elements in place...you'll still find a place for yourself here.period. Just need to ignore those whose tongues wobble too much...haha
Its a LIVE soap opera with a plethora of characters. But as I've realised recently: its not all bad. Yes! It can get MEAN...but where do you NOT find such people...the good thing though is that more than mean people, you'll find talented people..and if you get the chance and scratch the surface, you might find people who can really teach you a lot...
Ever since this positive aspect of mass comm has struck me, thanks to a few good people, I've decided to put my writing skills in place and document the positive experiences in mass comm. for future reference.
Will sign off on that positive note..expect optimistic entries, no maligning and gossiping on this blog..period..
Love
Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home