Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Sunday, August 05, 2007

When the tears come falling down
*just a lil' note before starting..I'm not terminally ill or depressed. I've just gotten off the phone..and for nearly half an hour..I was listening to someone wailing over a personal problem..and I don't really respond well to tears...my only response: feeling bad and crying back*
WHY DO TEARS COME SO EASY....to me....maybe because I feel pain more easily..I get hurt more easily..I don't have too much of a thick skin...I've never really been through any material hardships...the only ones I've had were emotional - mourning over someone who'll never come back (I've finally reached redemption..and I realise that dying is a fate every man is destined to..just that it comes before..very early on for some and late to others..) and missing a dear friend sorely..eventhough we keep in contact through letters, emails and calls (Nihi...you're the one forever...) ...Other than that...fortunately or unfortunately I'm quite content in life...so it makes me feel great misery when others cry over things that come quite easy to me or don't seem to bother me much. When little kids cry over money for chocolates and toys that are beyond the affordability of their parents, when girlfriends cry over boyfriends who broke off..
Some people seem to find that I lack-a-life....
A few days back, at Timbre for the Speak Good English Movement (SGEM) launch for our IMC, I had the *uhmmm* pleasure of sitting next to Mr Soh, who was in quite a light mood that evening and made use of the lax environment to take several digs at me...from the leather outfit to the rock band to clubbing...and after quietly sipping at my "poetic punch" (it's a mocktail) I finally got down to voicing out the fact that I was very happy with where I was in life, nothing and no-one could ever buy me over for anything and I live in a swell place better than any club or pub and would happily spend all my spare time there - where I was comfortable, secure and happy. So there goes...nothing against Zigs ofcourse...he made the evening more entertaining than the bands did...but well thats my answer to anyone who has any questions on what I do with my life...moreover..spare time...As for the tears...its a part of being me I guess...and I don' t have any qualms. period.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home