Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Saturday, April 28, 2007

The eternal Eve vs. Adam debate
Ok...so I'm suffering from what can be called an "over-active" mental-activity syndrome. There's so much anticipation about this semester...I mean its just the end of week 2 and all I want is to get to the "happening" portion fast enough and get it over and done with. Plus..I realise that all that sweat over MRM in year two may well just be worth it considering that for nearly all my modules I have to use SPSS.....no full forms for the software.....it can't get geekier than that.

Anyways..lets not dig the dirt in my not-so-happening life and instead focus on the 'better' topic of this entry...which marks the return of 'face-your-destiny' from near death.

Recently a friend had a terrible breakup...I mean she was seeing the guy for nearly 4 years and then suddenly he decided to call it quits. Tragic...how a day can lead to sudden change of heart. Now she ofcourse is distraught...and I being the still-single, level-headed, responsible girl-friend am the shoulder to sob on...as for the guy...well...since I knew them both..I even have to hear out his story. So all this story-hearing brings me back to the oft-discussed, very interesting and quite cliche Eve vs Adam debate.

Eve is always complaining about Adam lacking EQ..or lets just put it this way...his inability to show that he may infact have some EQ. He isn't all ears to her talk...and I think as girls..most of us think 'talking' is OUR prerogative and listening is his...well..there can always be exceptions. Also..he always seems to lack that certain subtlety...I mean...we can't tell when the guy is actually being romantic and when he is just being nice..My ears are in the danger of falling off if I hear another "Oh..he always smiles at me, waves to me and generally asks around...but why the hell hasn't he ever-approached me..I mean..I think he likes me if he's doing all of that...." Its not that...just because somebody is being nice to you doesn't mean he likes you..or rather likes you in the romantic way...It doesn't work like that. I mean...even us girls are NICE to guys...we chit-chat, joke around and all that...but that definitely doesn't mean that we have a thing for the particular guy?! Still, it seems the rules change when it comes to the boys...and that always leads to all the emotional trouble...You know..in love as in life..Buddha offers Nirvana..."Desire is the route to all troubles..desire not have not" period...It'll come if it has to..just don't think so much about it!

Ok..I've spoken so much about us girls...but that doesn't mean that I'm sparing ADAM...the eternal wreck...with the EQ=spoon brain...Or is it just the relationship-factor that makes you become like that...This 4-year-old relationship guy said that he couldn't be with the girl 'cause he was getting "tired" of her..I mean..what the hell?! First you date her...then you propose to her..followed by so many years of dating...and then you just break up...I think people who are SO confused about what they want should really just stay out of the game till they figure out how it works...or feel more prepared for it. Break-ups are Bad...and I think its worse for us girls coz we afterall have the HIGHER emotional quotient. Also..I have one last word for guys who send out the wrong signals...I think you're the son of a >>>>> if you make a girl feel that she's the one..when you're actually just playing games and have no intention on getting serious. period.

Bottomline: My girl-friends think that I should become a woman's rights activist, my guy friends think that I'm being sexist and frankly...I think a. I've been too much of an agony aunt and should move on b. Never date and never feel sorry for not having THE guy in my life :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home