Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Mass comm desensitisation
During MASSINA (one of my..... modules this semester) we keep talking about media desensitisation as a problem...I would take that one step further...by saying that being exposed to the media may be a problem...but doing it together with media studies is where the problem aggravates....
The Media...may desensitise your mind...but studying mass comm desensitises your being...after 3 years I can safely bet my money on the fact...after a while..all you can think of is finishing off the work..period..no more handling people and their attitudes..who bitches about you and who doesn't care a damn about you and what gossip is doing the rounds etc etc...oh and I'll add that I'm also not bothered about what I'm wearing and how presentable I'm looking...for all I care...as long as I'm there and the work is getting done..its all fine..you dun care a damn about looking good...atleast I've never really had that on my mind...(Jess adds that it may be a possible reason for the fact that I've been single for LONG time now..but heya Jess...ol' buddy..I dun care...and I've my reasons..matter over =)
So yes...maybe its made me a tougher person than I was 3 years back...the one pro I can see...but seriously...I've made up my mind to do LONG term volunteering after school ends and make up for the all the emo-ness and heart-to-heart I may've been missing...I've been missing my kids at the home....for too long already I feel...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home