Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Friday, March 23, 2007

Damn Sad!
My friday TT aside....the thing thats making me feel rather off is India's shameful exit from WC 2007..Next edition...2011...well..I don't even wanna think about it..Our team minus all the top guns...Dravid, Tendulkar and Ganguly...I'm so gonna miss them...but I hope that the team can sustain itself..with its younger nucleus, the fresh blood...Gosh...I know this sounds wierd...but you know as Indians, our relationship with cricket can be compared to that between two people with a basically caring, love-hate relationship. We care about our team...yes..we do...in our myriad different lives each individual takes out time to check on the game, we idol worship them, we salute them when they do well but our anguish is barely controllable when they perform shamefully (like loosing to Bangladesh for instance.. and then to SL). Personally, I'm not such an extreme fan..maybe I realise that after all they are human beings and should be allowed to err..WC or no WC...sometimes I also feel that as Indians..we tend to make them nervous with our over-the-top-support..most people atleast. After all ours is an emotional bunch and we are like that...but if something we do isn't right..it isn't. period.

If we're feeling so bad about the boys...I can but imagine how they're feeling about the first round knock out. (Also a knock-out for all the sports bars and advertisers cashing in with them).

A little life lesson: Sometimes we criticise people unthinkingly..no one wants to do things badly..but being human we just have our off days and screw up..no matter how big the occassion. Its as important to look at the other side of things, the opposite situations. Perhaps for once forgiveness and in its light happiness won't be so difficult to come by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home