Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Adapting
Last year, by chance...I landed up taking the "Green Vision" module...But I never regretted it. It gave me an insight into nature's breath-taking ability to adapt by establishing ecosystems...survival games...and ofcourse it provided a breather from the usual mass comm rigarmole.

Recently I was made to remember some of the things I learnt for Green Vision, specifically - Climate change and its consequences. Yes, its been a bit of a regular in the news, but I'm thinking as usual..of how this is so relevent to each one of us...

You see, nature's changing...a little something called Global warming (for the uninitiated)..temperatures everywhere are rising..albiet just a tad...and this rise has contributed to major changes in plant and animal life throughout the globe. Some lie on the brink of extinction, others undergo modifications. Bottomline - they're all adapting.

Yes..adapting...and thats the one valuable personal lesson I take from the wider circumstances. Life is not always pleasent. Situations aren't always easy-pleasy. People are usually not very nice and despite this we need to do what the plant and animal kingdom is doing in the wake of this not-so-pleasent climate change - adapt.

It never was and never will be a cake walk. Bruises to your humility, ego and person are inevitable....sometimes I feel that some situations are a part of some predestined game-plan to deliberately bruise our sentiments, make us suffer and toughen that skin...breaking any rose-tinted glasses. Its cringe-worthy, tearful and miserable...but live through it. I've done so...perhaps (hopefully not) will undergo it in time to come...(such things I find rarely escape...they repeat themselves..whether we like them or not).

Optimism however has proved to me...in the past two decades of this life that there is always light at the end of the tunnel...and that end isn't always as far as we may deem it to be...

So I guess with a touch of optimism, in between all that nervousness, thinking-for-the-future and coping-with-the-present..I'll hit the FINAL study semester here at Ngee Ann...and live through any tough stuff I may have to face...God willing (otherwise!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home