Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Sunday, February 08, 2009

The Rose-tinted glasses that I wear (most of the time)
It's time to make a self-confession...I think I've been fairly well-shrouded from the naked, desperate and flabbergasting realities of life..I've seen not even a percent of how bad it can get and I'm so grateful to God for that...I don't have words of prayer to thank him/her/whoever...enough. I've been so protected that now, even seeing it on television or in the movies is nearly impossible for me. Laugh if you wish, but I couldn't even sit through Slumdog Millionaire...the scenes depicting Jamaal's introduction to the answers he knew were so disgusting to watch..(don't misintepret me, I'm not questioning the filming, just the bare truth).
Maybe I'm wrong in my view of life..I know, I can certainly get more thick-skinned. It'll stand me in good stead, especially when simple little things often move me to tears....but two decades on since I came on this planet, it feels too late to change somethings...
Actually, isn't this true for most of us? I refer to the 'most of us' who have a roof over their heads, clothes to cover their nakedness and food to feed their system. How much we take for granted in our lives...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home