Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Clinging on by a 'hair' breadth

I've been shedding hairballs like a puppy dog and although my mom and my hair-dresser have calmed my concerns about going bald...I'm still agitated by the regular loss of my, so to say, 'crowning glory'..haha. Trichology (the science of hair-management - I kid you not) isn't as developed in India, so I haven't yet visited a doctor (also called a trichologist) to confirm that all's fine and that this is just a 'phase'. Nevetheless, I've gone for my regular 'short-bob' and am praying fervently to my dear God, asking him (alongside everything else) not to snatch my beloved hair...Hah, you say, I'm superficial...please..I'm not..I'm just like any other girl...we girls (much like you boys - although YOU may not show it) are concerned about our hair (and everything else above and below it!).

This past week has also exposed me to the 'hair-breadth' by which we are clinging on to our fragile lives in this city of muck (as Ms De calls it). The city of slumdog millionaires (and I'm not referring to the Danny Boyle AND Loveleen Tandon's movie) where a problem with the daily local, a strike by TV workers, truckers and petrol PSUs can virtually bring the common man's daily life to naught. On top of that we have the incredibly thick idiots across the border playing havoc by sending their terror pin ups to Mumbai and these, even more idiotic (for want of better word) boppers think they're conducting mission Kashmir, confusing aamchi Mumbai to aapri Kashmir...PLEASE forgive me if you think I'm making light of the situation. I'm moved to tears of painful, stomach-gripping laughter by such confessions...

In these times, I'm just glad that I know a few nice and decent folks...with whom I've spent some memorable moments in recent history, especially the some of the CEB peeps - Shaivi, Tanvi, Disha and Abhinav - tks much :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home