Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Thursday, December 04, 2008

I'm alright...coping
Ok...just a quick update because there is just too much happening around me at the time..A BIG sorry to all those I may have upset because of not keeping in touch. But people, I just got a proper internet connection yesterday. Before that the slow and lousy dial-up that I had made it impossible for me to do anything because it took ages to upload pages.
Things in Mumbai are getting sort of back to normal, but if I confess, the whole episode did shake me up. I was there, at the CST just 2 days before all this happened and I've been going there quite regularly even after that. But I can't quite get over the fear psychosis that I may not return back after venturing there....Just the thought of walking on a platform where 50 over innocent bodies lay, decomposing, covered in blood leaves me distraught.
People have been lighting candles, participating in peace protests, but unfortunately, due to prolonged, severe sinusitis I have been unable to do so. :( For the first time in my life, I'm angry. Angry with our politicians and angry with Pakistan. One of the worst things that happened here was the brutal murder of the 6-month pregnant wife of the Rabbi and assaults on her 2-year old son before he 'thankfully' managed to escape those horrible Pakistani terrorists. Just seeing and reading about their horrendous activities leaves me questioning the conscience of the people being bred as terrorists there. I know that not every Pakistani is bad, but there are so many rotten elements in the society and the political machinery is so weak that it does nothing to salvage our dwindling faith in the country.
However, despite everything that happened..life goes on...and I've accepted that when I'll go, it will be the time for me to go..period. So, I stand reconciled and am continuing the job hunt...and writing in wherever I can. It may take some time, but I'm positive. Some good news may be on its way, hopefully.
Till then it's a daily prayer...for deliverance.

2 Comments:

At 4:50 AM, Blogger Spacegirl said...

i will not comment about this particular post, simply cos im fed up of doing so on everyone's blogs. it's exactly how everyone in mumbai feels.
about ur blog in general, all i can say is WOW!
the frankness and simplicity of it all is so "YOU"! it had me engaged for a long long time.
keep it coming and all the very best.
cheers

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Thanks spacegirl :) I just saw ur message...and I'm touched..Much Love,
Meghaa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home