Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Friday, April 25, 2008

Technology...sorry..but exclude me.
I'll confess...I'm fed-up of facebook. A lot of my acquaintances and people I know from years back are on it...but after less than a week on it..I'm growing terribly tired - I don't wanna add every Tom, Dick and Harry or Harriet on it.
My e-mail gets flooded every time someone does anything to my account, you can't unravel your results for various games and applications without forwarding to a zillion different people and well..it's just too damn tedious. Responses are slower as well.
Worst of all...it's like a drug addiction - a useless desperation. It's SO bloody hard to resist the temptation to check your profile, check your e-mail etc etc every time you are on the internet. I'm beginning to detest the feeling. How about some coffee - at a coffee-shop please? If I can't meet you physically..let's just make a date when I'm close by?
Bottomline: Social networking websites maybe good to 'kaypoh' and know what your long-lost friends are upto...but they can never replace e-mails, letters, phone conversations and actual meet-ups. period.
In a strange way - the more technology you embrace, the more simplistic you get. I'm wanting to run off on some spiritual journey..SOON..but then there is graduation and a few more people to add on facebook..haha. Sometimes life's like a vicious circle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home