Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

HOW TO LET GO!
John Milton's words: "They also serve, who stand and wait"
Poet Milton was blind and felt incapable of doing anything that would make him worthy of heaven. But eventually realisation strikes him - he realises that every man comes with his destiny and accepting it graciously is the only key to genuine happiness.
This message has been ingrained in me for ages now...but I'm only human and incapable of completely letting go of the aspirations that I have of myself - sometimes swayed by a bout of eye-opening inspiration and sometimes (to be honest) by the fringe benefits (money alone, let me add, is NEVER enough motivation).
Of course, things are not always the way I want them to be..and many-a-times I'm left thoroughly disappointed..with the inadequacies and my own self. But time has always healed the wounds and life, I've realised through sheer experience, is never stagnant and God is never merciless.
His ways are strange, unfathomable, but if for once we keep still and look at the bigger picture with selfless indifference - much like a detached observer - life will become infinitely simpler and happier because we would probably observe that all that has happened, it may not have seemed right at the time, is actually for our best.
Letting go of our small aspirations would then, hopefully, become easier. I'm seeking that bout of inspiration that gives me the courage to let go. Hopefully it comes soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home