Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Friday, April 18, 2008

The farewell..
SO yes...it came...there were some tears, there was some laughter, some awkwardness...but at the heart of it...an utterly mixed series of events..which comprised some flattering and some not so flattering photos, some really encouraging e-mails, some sappy over-the-top, my usual over-emotional moments.
Leaving that desk after 8 months of bumming on it was hard..and I was hard pressed to prevent myself from putting a 'reserved' tag and hot irons in there (just incase someone tries to usurp it). Makes me think just how 'used-to' we get to people, places and other ephemeral stuff and despite the numerous farewells, I still find it impossible to keep myself from getting attached to things that are fleeting in nature.
All the 'paiseh-ness' strikes home later...but at least in the bottom of my heart, I feel relieved that I did what I wanted to do and although it may seem a bit too EMO in retrospect, it makes me feel contented to think that I remained true to myself.
Had dinner with the girls...they made the last few months truly special..But my philosophy teaches me that what goes around comes around..so we part to meet and meet to part and goodbyes are never really goodbyes but more like see you again, if it was meant to be.
Amen.
Shall upload the photos into my newly acquired facebook account..no copyright issues so friends, you can rip to your heart's content!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home