Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Food shortage
So yeah...FOOD has been grabbing headlines...for one, the new Sunday Times has so many more food pages alongside other news stories and Singapore also happens to be hosting the umpteenth World Gourmet Summit..pui..
What has been irking me is the way people are WASTING food..and it includes the freeloaders who attend huge buffets and load their plates with food that could feed an entire banquet.
Now, I know the whole African kids argument is just considered intellectual snobbery by most - after all most people find it hard to relate to things that far away. But let's not turn a blind eye to the stuff closer home.
We aren't exactly dying because of starvation here in Singapore..at least there are no records of such deaths...but food is becoming a concern - just look at the various newspaper reports over the past few weeks.
Now I know at the minuscule , individual level there is not much we can probably do. But the individualist in me feels that by wasting a little less and eating smaller portions we shall probably do a bit more service to our body and the reducing food supplies...food for thought (forgive me if you think otherwise)

1 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home