Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Saturday, September 09, 2006

EMBARRASSING Moments...
Hey all...this is blogger Meghaa a.k.a Meg reporting for duty after a days due break..(Sigh) Been a bit sick actually. Strangely, stuff is always long drawn for me...even a teeny-weeny cold worsened into a sinus infection..thats left me with a long course of medicines for the next 2 weeks and continued bed rest..yucks....HATE SICKNESS....So if my posts aren't as regular as I hoped to make them...my apologies.

Anyways, today I wished to blog about embarrassment. Those tongue-in-cheek moments that are meant to leave everybody laughing except you. I remember two people at this point: Nihira and Shaheen...two people who I got close to..in two different places..haha. Nihi..I remember the wonderful walks we enjoyed on Bandra seaface and Juhu...god..they were so out-of-this-world. We would be laughing like mad at the embarrassments we landed ourselves into..remember..Hrithik uncle....hahahahaa. As for Shaheen..this is one hell-of-an-organised girl...atleast when it comes to embarrassing herself..So I always find her giggling incredulously at my knack for getting to situations...hahahaa. Nevertheless they are both close friends...although I've known Nihi longer...and they have both been entertained by my..visions. No "Thats so Raven" psychotic visions people...just incredibly FUNNY imagination=).

This imagination is revealed to those close to me or those well acquainted. It gives me uncontrollable fits of laughter which keep the people around me in splits as well....VISUALIZING a joke by the way makes it 100 times funnier but let me tell you the laughter that follows can make people think that you are a bit...barmy..to say the least.

However..there is another problem..you see..under usual circumstances I tend to have the geeky, serious girl look or so I've been told and sometimes I AM like that: serious, or should I say pensive. In these situations the light hearted nature of things just doesn't register in my mind. So...I'm EMBARRASSED.

Like the other time in TV production. I was to impersonate a KID..a little girl to be precise, another classmate of mine was to impersonate a makeup artist doing me up for Halloween and the script...gosh..the dialogues were raving...if you see them from my perspective at the time: a twenty year old, in a serious mindset impersonating a LITTLE GIRL for a HALLOWEEN Makeup episode. Well, I'll admit I don't quite like TV pro. It ain't my area and I pretty much suck at it...so sitting in is a job thats quite easy- to be sure. But that day I had more serious matters at hand. Anyhow, I gave my MAKEUP artist classmate my paints and brushes..which I was to use for a painting excursion later that day and told him and I guess everybody in toe that I was allergic to the horse hairs on the damn brushes. But I guess the lights, camera and everything else made this guy go a bit...googly..and he seemed to think that he WAS the makeup man..so well..there he goes uttering funny one liners, treating me like a kiddo and putting the damn brush all over my face..close to my NOSE...gosh..you should have seen me cough..no water in my vicinity et al. WORST OF ALL...we had to retake! So there I go again. Anyways, the fella told me he would not bring the brush near me again...THANKFULLY...I guess even he wasn't expecting the allergic response and come to think of it, in another mindset I would probably have laughed off the thing.. Besides, I don't think he was doing it intentionally...felt sorry a while later, because I thought I was a bit rude. But then again it wasn't as if I too was at fault...just the DAMN situation...I felt embarrassed about it later...nevertheless the best way of tackling embarrassment is to literally LAUGH if OFF...thats what I did..hahaha.

Many such things have happened to me....real swell foot-in-mouth jokes..but thats for when you know me better;).

For now..I shall bid adieu..and the next time you're embarrassed just remember that there's always me..getting into worse embarrassments and ofcourse the moral of the story: laugh off embarrassments, it will keep you and your close ones merry most of the time..:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home