Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Monday, February 01, 2010

Oh this effing shame...!!

Ok..here goes..I'm blogging after eons and that's the opener that just struck me...WHAM! No..I'm not under any strain or visible stress at least..but I realise that so many times this stupid 'shame' gets in our way and prevents us, especially us Indians, from going all out and doing just what our heart desires..It's sick and no, you finger pointers, I'm not excusing myself.

It keeps us from telling people how much we value them, how happy or angry (as the case may be) they make us feel, how we miss them when they are not around..it keeps us from selling ourselves, when we know we have the right 'product' in hand, it keeps us from approaching opportunities that may just change the course of our lives..basically, it keeps us (quite often, though not always) from developing our best. For those of you who have seen the movie 'Luck by Chance'..there is this scene in it where Farhan Akhtar follows his 'opportunistic shamelessness' and goes to buttress an initially impatient Dimple Kapadia - an arrogant yester-year's movie queen. It pays..

Whenever I see that scene, I realise...life shows us doors, but among the challenges it places before the goal, is shedding the garb of inhibition and just doing what our heart desires. Spontaneous, impulsive..but sometimes, the finest things in life come to us in an instance. Over the years, I realise, when we let our inhibitions stop us, we live to regret (as only humans would). So, I've learnt to just let go and if I really want to say or do something, I just do it. I may make mistakes, sometimes it embarrasses the hell out of me, but in all honesty, I go to bed a happier person. At least I tried..

Life is a journey, experience the teacher and often the best self-discovery comes from making the worst judgements..and not living to regret them but taking them as teachings that will only lead to better things..amen.

1 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger Rohan Sura said...

Hi! No, no one has ever told me that. I think I'll take it as a compliment! But you have to see me now. My cheeks are swollen, and my face is round, so I dont really resemble him anymore. Paris is doing me a lot of good, I guess. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home