Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Friends and strangers
It's really strange...feeling what we sometimes feel for some people who we hardly even know..wierd to say the least..But still most or all of our closest friends, good friends et al, were once just that - mere strangers we met on our first day of college, school, at an event, in the neighbourhood..whatever...

Life, they say should be lived in the present, for like it's namesake, it is a present, a gift..the gift of having one more day of living, to go out there and do the shit that we do..excuse the gangsta 'shit' word. But then, just as they come into our lives, so do they walk out, vanish, appear to vanish, fade away..I don't know. Whatever 'that' is...but I'll take it like, some people come into our lives for a reason, others for a season and like the passing day and night..they pass on to. When they do, some part of us seems to feel this awkwardness....But life goes on....I've had enough of such experiences, moving from Mumbai, then moving back from Singapore...and now..well I don't quite know where I'll be next and where some of the people I know..(I've 'safely' added people on FB..although it has its flaws..I feel it helps us maintain some connect with people and when the time and tide comes again..well, who knows..we may bump into a long-lost friend yet again...I've had those experiences over FB and it's always been pleasant!)

One last para..(if you've read thus far) - when it comes to friends and strangers, the best bit about life and its myriad opportunities is - making strangers into friends...and friends into better friends...but don't try too hard...I feel in matters of the heart, somethings happen at will..as if they were destined to happen :) I trust the man/woman/whoever up there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home