Peace on the earth and the heavens above

Friday, October 23, 2009

Recession remembered - the not-so-fond memory (I hope!)
Expectations, I find, usually lead to discontent. Excitement is best controlled..lest it be frozen by wintry reality. Often in life, we begin to question the ultimate consequence of stuff.
The recession has been an eye opener for many, given to a decadent lifestyle. The media has been hit unusually hard...and sometimes I find a lot of the cost-cutting stemming from chindi-ness, parsimony, if you please. The kind that freezes recruitment, to overburden and stretch thin, the available resources and stops furnishing bathrooms with toilet paper, in the name of cost cutting. Thankfully, the idiocy of the latter has been realised by the powers-that-be! No finger pointing, because I think the whole system is to be blamed. Many newbies have been left facing tightly shut gates, with an all too prominent, NO VACANCIES sign. The revered behemoths have turned to reviled beasts, exasperating the egos of the seasoned and erasing the budding expectations of the new. Yes, they all tell you - it's not forever. But, the misfortune of being human is not being omniscient..and what I can't see, I can't trust, err..except maybe the one omniscient, omnipresent God! Besides, these days, even s/he is becoming unbelievably testy. What does one do?! You tell me? Cry out in frustration ofcourse! But what after that...
Thankfully, faith in oneself is NOT subject to macro and micro-economic factors. Period. Listen to Haidar's head, pick up those 8 newspapers, 2 periodicals, 2 non-fictions and a dozen or so weblinks to peruse...because apparently, the key to success lies in being well-read and knowing all that you can, which too is sometimes insufficient! If you die in the flood of literature...don't blame me....I'm content with my daily dose of current affairs, which I can realistically manage!

1 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger tiru said...

"the key to success lies in being well-read and knowing all that you can" - :D
Came here through Sura. U right well.. cheers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home